WHAT IS PHD BOOTCAMP?
PhD Bootcamp 2023 is a series of webinars and workshops intended for Indonesian audiences that aim to pursue PhD/Doctorate degree abroad. This series of events has a goal to provide strategic insights and practical tips on how to prepare an outstanding PhD application. It also aims to be a safe space for discussion and exchange of views between Indonesians prospective PhD students and researchers.
WHEN IS THE GENERAL TIMELINE OF THE OVERALL PROCESS?
PhD bootcamp involves a special partnership between Participants (Mentees) and Coaches (Mentors), thus we will conduct a rigorous assessment prior to the initiation of the program, which details can be found as follows:
|Important dates for
|17 September – 1 October
|1 October – 15 October
|16 October – 22 October
|4 November – 2 December
WHAT ARE THE MODULES FOR PARTICIPANTS OF THIS PROGRAM?
- 4 November → Success Stories and Struggles of Getting into PhD Program
- 11 November → How to Write a High Quality Research Proposal
- 11 – 25 November → Workshop on Research Proposal, Academic CV and Approaching Potential Supervisor
- 2 December → Funding and Types of PhD
*Please note that schedule and/ or topic is subject to change
WHO ARE ELIGIBLE TO APPLY AS A PARTICIPANT?
Every Indonesian citizen who aspires to pursue his/her PhD/Doctorate degree overseas and is committed to submitting at least 1 (one) application to a PhD program abroad before December 2024.
HOW MANY PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ACCEPTED AND WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA?
Maximum 60 Indonesian professionals and academia with the criteria as follows:
– Have obtained or are currently in the final semester of a Master’s degree.
– Already have a research topic and plan to start a PhD within one year.
– Confident in English writing.
– Committed to participating in all modules and completing the assignments.
CAN WE APPLY IF WE ONLY HAVE A BACHELOR’S DEGREE AND ARE PLANNING TO APPLY FOR A PHD IN UNIVERSITIES THAT DO NOT REQUIRE A MASTER’S DEGREE?
Unfortunately not for this time.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR PARTICIPANTS TO APPLY?
Prepare the following documents:
- Personal data.
- Previous education information.
- Research experience that demonstrates your research skills, ability to coordinate long-term projects and capacity to work independently.
- A short essay that tells us your motivation for pursuing a PhD.
- A short draft of your research proposal, which should cover:
- Research scope
- The idea or main question
- The significance of that research
WHERE CAN WE ACCESS THE APPLICATION FORM FOR PARTICIPANTS?
Kindly go to http://bit.ly/IMPhD23
WHAT ARE THE REQUIREMENTS FOR POTENTIAL COACHES TO APPLY?
- Completion of the provided Google Form
- Have obtained or currently doing a Doctoral Degree abroad.
- Passionate in helping fellow Indonesians to excel in their applications to PhD Program abroad.
- Committed to follow PhD Bootcamp’s rules and schedules.
- Able to provide guidance and mentoring for 2 – 3 participants on the topic of application to PhD Program, following the schedule below:
- 11 November [19:00-21:00 WIB] → Presentation: How to Write a High Quality Research Proposal
- 11 – 25 November* → Workshops: Research Proposal, Academic CV and Potential Supervisor
*Each Coach is asked to provide two workshop sessions within this timeframe. The exact date and time is adaptable to your schedule.
DO POTENTIAL COACHES HAVE TO HAVE OBTAINED A MASTER’S DEGREE PRIOR TO APPLYING TO THIS PROGRAM?
No. As long as you are now doing a Doctoral Degree or have obtained a Doctoral Degree from an institution abroad, then you may apply.
HOW WILL THE PARTICIPANTS AND COACHES BE PAIRED OR GROUPED?
Pairing/ grouping is carried out based on some preference criteria, including:
- Target Region (country/continent) of the PhD Program
- Area of Study
- Research Specialization
Please note that although we will try our best to match the most ideal Participants-Coaches pairing or grouping, the decision will be determined based on the Mentorship team’s final discretion.
Last update: 21 September 2023